Spray Tan Post Care Tips
- Moisturize your skin with hydrating body lotion or moisturizer 24 hours before your session
- Exfoliate with a spa grade exfoliator 18-24 hours before your session.
- Complete shaving routine 18-24 hours before the session and wax no less than 24 hours before.
- Schedule manicure, pedicure and hair color services 24 hours before the session.
- Facials, massage and any beauty service should be done 24-48 hours prior to your spray tan.
- Avoid contact with water, sweat.
- Wait your designated time to shower.
- Wear dark, loose fitting clothes to avoid color transfer and rub off while the tan develops
- Avoid white bedding while tan develops.
- Refrain from wearing tight clothes, leggings, closed toe shoes, socks, white clothes.
- Do not apply deodorant, perfume, body oils, or moisturizer to the skin.
- Do not touch scratch areas of the body where the solution has been applied while the tan develops.
- Do not shower before your designated shower time.
- Always pat dry; do not rub, when exiting the shower.
- Moisturize at least once a day with Tan Extender or proper moisturizer.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Use a gentle non-acidic body wash.
- Avoid shaving; if necessary, use a new sharp razor without a moisture strip.
- Avoid chlorine and salt-water exposure
- Avoid excessive activity that would cause sweat.
Self Tanning Tips for Beginners
Choosing the right skincare for your spray tan is crucial.
Certain ingredients in your skincare routine will remove or cut the longevity or your tan life. Products containing baby oil, mineral oil, AHA, alcohol and acne washes. PH Balanced products to the right amount of skincare are ideal for before and after your sessions.
Do not use Dove soap, Oil of Olay or any deodorant soaps.
Spray Tan does not protect your skin from the suns harmful UVA/UVB rays; always apply sunscreen even on rainy days. We recommend lotions sunscreens over aerosol cans.
Spray Tans are not organic. There is no such thing as a 100% organic spray tan solution on the market. DHA is not an organic ingredient, while its made from sugar from fruits & vegetables and safe for spraying in your skin. Most solutions range from 8-15% of DHA so the rest are organic ingredients. At Pearl Tan Co we are always researching and testing the best products on the market, with safe ingredients and high quality results.